Every child needs regular checkups throughout childhood to monitor growth and development, and to address small medical concerns before they become larger issues. Novant Health Medical Plaza Pediatrics offers well-child care for children from birth through age 18. Our providers typically see children at the following ages:
- A few days after hospital discharge
- Two weeks
- One month
- Two months
- Four months
- Six months
- Nine months
- One year
- 15 months
- 18 months
- Two years
- 2.5 years
- Annually starting at three years
If your child's provider has any special concerns, more frequent visits might be recommended.
A well-child checkup typically includes:
- Checks of height and weight.
- Monitoring of heart and lung function.
- Examination of the eyes, ears, nose and throat.
- A visual examination of the skin.
- Administration of any necessary vaccines.
- Time to discuss any concerns related to health or development.